The prices quoted are for grooming a well behaved, regularly groomed, non-aggressive dog with a knot/matt free coat
- Please ensure your dog is fit and well before they are groomed
- The grooming of elderly dogs (10+ years) is undertaken at the owner's risk. Grooming may expose underlying skin or health problems which The Dog Wash Station cannot be held liable for.
- Teeth cleaning, anal gland expressing and ear plucking are deemed to be "veterinary procedures" by some vets and therefore under the Veterinary Surgeons Act we are now prevented from performing these services for you.
- No dog will be subjected to stress or discomfort and all dogs will be groomed in accordance with The Animal Welfare Act 2007.
- If we feel that de-matting your dog would cause too much stress or discomfort we may recommend a complete clip down/shave down. In this event, it will be discussed at appointment time, the owner should be aware that irritation may occur from the shaving process, as well as uncovering nicks, cuts or other pre-existing problems.
- The owner agrees that The Dog Wash Station will not be held liable for any after-grooming effects of matt clipping procedures or pre-existing problems "uncovered" by clipping of a badly matted or neglected coat. These could include sores, urine and faeces scalding, bacterial and yeast infections, parasite infestation. If any of these are detected we would recommend you seek immediate advice from your vet. By carrying out this procedure your dog's appearance will dramatically change and their hair will be very close to the skin.
- You must inform us prior to grooming if your dog has ever bitten or displayed aggression. Failure to disclose this information may result in refusal of further services.Your attention is drawn to the Dangerous Dogs Act, which holds owners liable for bites and injuries caused by their dogs.We reserve the right to refuse to groom any pet at risk of harming the groomer or itself. If your dog is accepted for grooming and displays aggression that we have not been informed of during the groom will be terminated immediate and 50-100% of the grooming charge will be levied.
- The Dog Wash Station grooms by appointment only
- The time allocated to your appointment will depend on the answers you gave to questions asked at the initial point of contact – particularly ones regarding condition of coat/dogs behaviour
- The Dog Wash Station will not force any procedure on your dog, therefore if your dog objects to any part of the groom that part will not be performed. Price reductions will not be offered for incomplete grooms due to your dog’s behavior
- Please ensure that you are at home at your appointment time. Arriving more than 15 minutes late could result in your appointment being cancelled and full charge being made
- Please ensure your dog has been exercised and given the opportunity to empty bowels and bladder before their grooming appointment.
- If you cannot keep your appointment please give at least 48 hours’ notice.
- if your appointment is cancelled less than 48 hours before it is due, the full price of the groom will be due.
Any questions please email me on info "at" dogwash hyphen grooming dot co dot uk or call me on 07506 859277